Sunday, August 5, 2007

Day Four

Day Four has been very nice... no recurrence of the MIL (check engine) light.

Today I learned that there is a timer on the unlock feature of my key fob. The doors will re-lock themselves in one second less than the time it takes me to walk from my friend's kitchen counter to where I'd parked in the driveway... LOL.

I did some more reading on the practice of hypermiling - all fodder for a future post, but today I decided that I'm going to (within reason) track my mileage and MPG. I made 83.4 MPG in 20 miles coming back from the custody swap, and some 74.1 MPG in the 3 miles returning home from my evening walk. My friends are teasing me - they've never seen me drive at (or below) the speed limit - who would have thought that all it would take to get me to care about mileage was to put a computer screen on the dashboard?

It's neat, too, to see just how far I can go in neutral (even though it's illegal). ~S

No comments: