Saturday, August 4, 2007

Day Three

On Day Three, I took my Prius to my mechanic friend's shop to see what the OBD II had to say.

P1436:
Toyota-HCAC-System Variable Valve Open Malfunction

OK -- so after being warned that I might not be able to get an inspection sticker until I put the car through its drive cycle (how hard is that going to be? I thought to myself), we reset the MIL and all has been good since -- no MIL light and the fuel gauge appears to be showing an accurate reading.

A minor side note -- while running some errands, my passenger noticed (and removed) a wasp nest from the area between my passenger-side front door and the dashboard. it was a pretty big nest - about four inches wide by two inches high at its widest point -- with (only) one wasp in it. Yikes!

That's it for day three. ~S

No comments: